Fred Hoffman, former Chrysler executive and his husband, Jim Stokes, married on Nov. 29, 2015 after 32 years together. The couple resides in Dearborn. The Fiat Chrysler Automobile Group had the 2016 Fiat 500X speciallywrapped for the Motor City Pride in June 2016. BTL photo: Andrew Potter
BY KATE OPALEWSKI
As an openly gay man, Fred Hoffman said, "I really didn't know if there would be an issue." And while he wasn't waving rainbow flags when he was recruited by Chrysler in 1988, he was told being gay wasn't a problem. Read More
- Former Chrysler Executive Talks Workplace Inclusivity
- Racecar Driver Comes Out on Road to Indy 500
- Ford Chairman Met with Trump Over 'Infuriating' Mexico Comments
- Cars & Camaraderie
- Your Lamborghini, Or Mine?
- Chrysler's Grand Gesture In Support Of LGBT Employees
- Baby, I Can Drive Your Car
- Out Of The Closet, Into The Boardroom
- Gay-Friendly Automakers
This is an important time to celebrate local businesses in Michigan that vocally support equality for the LGBT community and its allies. The Expo workshop at MotorCity Casino Hotel features prominent LGBT attorneys to discuss what same-sex marriage looks like under the Trump administration.View More Marriage
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!